Tuesday 7 May 2013

What's in my lunch box this week? Food for the weather

Last week I didn't expect a rise in temperature. So I prepared and packed lunches of cooked rice, Asian marinated soy chunks and cabbage to be heated and mixed in the microwave. It tasted delicious was wasn't easily portable to the park, a ten minute walk away.

This week I have an entirely portable lunch although the temperature was lacking a certain something (warmth?) at lunch time today. Maybe it'll be more suitable tomorrow?

From clockwise top middle:

  • Satsuma - still can't get enough of orange things since my Barcelona trip.
  • Salad of home grown spinach, rocket, oregano and alfalfa.
  • Radishes - not home grown but I do have some in the works (or should that be in the ground?).
  • Roasted chick pea with Maldon salt, nutritional yeast flakes, chilli flakes and oil.
  • Tarts made with sesame pastry from a Linda McCartney cookbook, filled with puréed Broccoli.
  • Woman on the edge of time by Marge Piercy - first came across this in Popco by Scarlett Thomas and have finally gotten round to immersing myself in it.

 

No comments:

Contributors