Sunday 9 December 2012

What's in my lunch box this week? Creamy and spicy

 

Lunch and book
Lunch this week was the result of various wanderings, rummagings and a search for inspiration on a Sunday evening.

 

Clockwise rom top right:

  • Steamed cauliflower. I microwave this at work and add oil and salt and pepper. The creamy taste is amazing. The bloke on the market offered me 2 cauliflowers for a quid and I powerless to turn him down. Although it did then feel like I was carrying 2 bowling balls home.
  • Tub of spicy chickpeas, fried tofu, vegan chorizo. The creamy dreamy taste can always be improved with a bit of spice and protein. Picked up the Chorizo at a much reduced price at last weekend's Animal Aid fayre. The short date on it means I feel honour bound to consu me it as quickly as possible.
  • Lasting Damage by Sophie Hannah. Another beautifully written book with a very cunning plot.
  • Apples - English Coxes this week with a delicious sweet crunchiness.

 

No comments:

Contributors