Tuesday 24 April 2012

What's in my lunchbox this week? Awesome and easy

I love the week's when I've lots of different food in the fridge and cupboard. It means I can easily take a great selection of food to work each day. When I'm having an exciting, busy, productive week I eat loads. Don't forget the brain consumes calories like any other part of the body.

 

Pile of food
Here's loads of food, including the best oranges I've ever eaten, all packed up to take to work. Hope I've got room in my bag...

My main lunch dish this week was inspired by a tweet I saw linking to Steve Pavlina's ultimate rice bowl. This has got to be one of the easiest lunches ever plus I got to include spinach which seems to featuring in my meals on a daily basis thanks to an abundance on my allotment.

Ingredients for a meal
Heat up some leftover rice in the microwave then add a mix of sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce and spinach. Microwave for another 10 seconds longer (spinach can be a tad on the bulky side - zap into submission).

Rice dish in bowl
Stir in chopped avocado, sun dried tomatoes and spring onion. Shovel down throat in bliss.

A good lunch makes me happy. It's something to look forward to and hopefully will result in a happy belly all afternoon.

No comments:

Contributors