Tuesday 17 April 2012

What's in my lunchbox this week? The ancient Mexican one

 

Lunchbox with food

I'm trying really hard to make use of what's on my allotment, in the freezer or in the pantry. Hence this week's combo of stuff.

Clockwise from top right:

  • Kiwi fruit - according to Eat the seasons no fruit is in season in the UK until mid-May so I'm really enjoying this very ripe Kiwi fruits.
  • Flatbreads - I'm getting so much better at making these
  • Spinach and rocket - from the allotment and doing really well. Guess they don't call it perpetual spinach for nothing.
  • Refried beans and sunflower seed 'cheese' - the cheese is my take on cashew cheese since I have an abundance of those. Spinach stalks taste great dipped in this. The Refried beans are a combination of black beans from the freezer and the most ancient Mexican Oxo cube!

No comments:

Contributors