Tuesday 22 September 2009

What's in my lunchbox this week?

This is such a nice lunch and so easy to put together. Alas Iget tothe end and want to start eating it all over again.

Clockwise from top right:

Steamed cauliflower, reheated and served with a dash of salt and pepper and a dab of pure margarine. I really enjoyed cauliflower a few months back and was worried that this would be as good. If anything it's better. I must look up cauliflowers and justify my soon to be increased consumption on the grounds that they contain some vital nutrient or another.

Cherry tomatoes - Locally grown and so delicious that I returned to the market today to buy more. They are little red jewels of taste.

Plums -Really into these and they're in season. What more can I say?

Polenta fries and tofu 'fish' sticks - From The Vegan Lunchbox. I had the coating for the tofu in tub in the pantry just waiting to be used up. The fries used up the last cup of polenta. I was quite surprised by how efficent the recipes is but I was actually followed unlike my previous attempt back in March.

Now I really need to plan a menu to take some of the pressure off my freezer!

No comments:

Contributors